[SïK] - Socom Clan Since 1976

HomeGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

TVersity - Stream Media files from your PC to your PS3

Go down 
AuthorMessage
dgnr8
Admin

PostSubject: TVersity - Stream Media files from your PC to your PS3   Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:09 pm

http://tversity.com/

- install it on your pc
-- once you install it, point it toward your media files "movies, mp3s, photos"

- use the PS3 to detect the media server and that's it!

cheers

Admin

PostSubject: Re: TVersity - Stream Media files from your PC to your PS3   Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:08 pm

fuck yeah man.!!!

i've been using this shit since my first day with PS3. Works good if you have a lot of AVI or Divx files that you want to play. You can also use media player 11 to do the other files. but, with all the cool downloads from p2p and all these file sharing sites.. those are the most common. I use the hell outta this.

I created a folder on my desktop that i just drop these videos into and refresh my TVersity and i'm golden.

The only thing i don't like about it.. the fast forward/search shit sucks. usually the fastest is 10x. and that isn't a true 10x.. and most of the time it takes about 5 seconds before it locks up, you have to exit out and then come back to it. Like when i watch a movie.. don't finish it. and come back and wanna watch it the next day. the best speed is the 1.5x speed. And it takes a while.

HOWEVER.. that is only on the AVI / Divx files. Since the PS3 can't fully play them. TVersity has to transcode the file to make it work on the PS3. so thats why it sucks when you're trying to FF through it. And it does it on the fly.. it takes some getting used to, but, as soon as you figure out what you need to get used to.. you'll be fine.

There are some tweaks you can make in the settings of TVersity. You always wanna remember to "refresh" new shit.. and "restart sharing" if you log out or restart the PS3. sometimes you don't have to. but, that'll be the problem when you don't see the icon on the XMB.

Good stuff.!! if anyone has questions, let me know.. i've been using this forever.!! and love it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bandit

PostSubject: Re: TVersity - Stream Media files from your PC to your PS3   Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:34 pm

So you download and run it. Then you go to PS3 and go to what, the music area (if I want music) and do the "search for media servers" right?

Admin

PostSubject: Re: TVersity - Stream Media files from your PC to your PS3   Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:40 pm

I installed tversity and ran it on my pc. Turned on sharing in the program and then turned on my ps3 and saw icons for tversity on my ps3 without having to search for media servers.

Spent the next hour or so trying to see how loud i could get the music on my surround sound before the subwoofers would distort and the kids would cry.

PostSubject: Re: TVersity - Stream Media files from your PC to your PS3   Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:45 pm

Ok, a part in there called "turned on sharing in the program" that I don't recall doing.

Will fuck with it tonight after Hellboy 2.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: TVersity - Stream Media files from your PC to your PS3   Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:54 pm

When i started the program there was a + sign in the top left side. That's where i clicked to add the folder i wanted to share.

Next to that + sign on the left there is a tv looking button. It's the main menu button, and you click on it and it brings up the options. One of which is start sharing.

PostSubject: Re: TVersity - Stream Media files from your PC to your PS3   Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:21 pm

Razr wrote:
Spent the next hour or so trying to see how loud i could get the music on my surround sound before the subwoofers would distort and the kids would cry.

^^^^^^^ bahahahahahahahaha
I do that to my girlfriend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.cyrusd.com
Razr
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TVersity - Stream Media files from your PC to your PS3   Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:44 pm

CyrusD wrote:
Razr wrote:

^^^^^^^ bahahahahahahahaha
I do that to my girlfriend.

It's a beautiful thing my brutha.

PostSubject: Re: TVersity - Stream Media files from your PC to your PS3   Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:32 pm

woot. got it working.

PostSubject: Re: TVersity - Stream Media files from your PC to your PS3   

Back to top Go down

TVersity - Stream Media files from your PC to your PS3
Page 1 of 1