- SïK Clan -
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[SïK] - Socom Clan Since 1976

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Wave's 1st impressions ~Confrontation~

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
WaveHunter

WaveHunter

Wave's 1st impressions ~Confrontation~ Empty
PostSubject: Wave's 1st impressions ~Confrontation~   Wave's 1st impressions ~Confrontation~ I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 2:59 pm

Ok,
Last night was my first night on. I sent out a few PSN invites and I will send more tonight.
This game is the the fucking shit. I love it. I was addicted after the 2nd round. My kill to death ratio was 2-1 for the first time of my life, and not just for a round or two, but for the whole night. I was lighting guys up and loving it. I am sure this will change as I start to play with some experienced old schoolers, and the machine guns are called noob tubes and get banned from rooms. I can't wait to play some Breach, or extractions. Last night was respawn elimination and demos. (I don't like respawn demos...lame.)

One of the biggest things I like is the reload time. You may think I am nuts, but it really adds to game play imho. It forced me to use my pistol as a secondary, and the DE .50 is freaking deadly. I think this will also cut into grenade spamming if guys start keeping their pistol as their secondary weapon. But, I don't like the fact that you have to reset your 2ndary each round, though.
I like the sprint feature, and the over the shoulder option with classic 3rd person as the default...feels more tactical and BF2esque.

I ended up playing Fallen more than any other map and it was my least favorite. DG and XR were INSANE looking, as was what I think was Urban Wasteland.

Just for shits and giggles, I created my own clan: "We Are" and the tag is [iam]. Silly, don't yah think? Smile

Anyways, can't wait to play with some people who actually communicate and work together, it seemed every room I was in was completely lopsided with no one talking.

See you on the battlefield,
Wave
Back to top Go down
bandit

bandit

PostSubject: Re: Wave's 1st impressions ~Confrontation~   Wave's 1st impressions ~Confrontation~ I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 3:09 pm

Nice points all around, and good idea to put your first impressions out. As I am still a Confrontation n00b I'll do the same:

- I hate the time it takes to reload, but do appreciate it makes the game play more "real". It really makes you rashion your clip better.

- I think they really put thought into the hit detection / gun type / aim / etc. examples:
* I found that when I use the AK47 it is a beast and takes less hits to kill.
* When you get in a gunfight and the fool is just "prayin and sprayin" and you aim, you almost always win.
* The M16 to the head, or near the head ends the fight VERY quickly.
* One thing that is odd is a sniper hit is not one-shot-one-kill for the most part (unless headshot).

- The sprint button is greatness. Bring it on, I'll race anyone!

- I need to re-learn how to switch my secondary.

- Proximity chat is cool, but I aint got it to work for me yet.

- The graphics are ridiculously good. duhh.

-
Back to top Go down
WaveHunter

WaveHunter

PostSubject: Re: Wave's 1st impressions ~Confrontation~   Wave's 1st impressions ~Confrontation~ I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 3:13 pm

Agree on the AK - I love it. Have you tried any of the machine guns? I sniped a guy with one last night, and also took out 4 guys all lined up coming down the street on XR from the prone position...
Back to top Go down
Thorn2k
Admin
Thorn2k

PostSubject: Re: Wave's 1st impressions ~Confrontation~   Wave's 1st impressions ~Confrontation~ I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 3:22 pm

Awesome dude. I'm glad that people that are buying the PS3 for this game are really liking it.

This is good news.!

Glad to have you back in the fold B. Other homie to hang with.!!!
Back to top Go down
bandit

bandit

PostSubject: Re: Wave's 1st impressions ~Confrontation~   Wave's 1st impressions ~Confrontation~ I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 3:24 pm

I use the M16 with Medium scope and it can reach pretty damn far for a kill.

For the small maps (Frostfire) I'll pull out the M14 or that Terrorist auto shotty.

I have done zero sniping on confrontation yet.... I'm holding out for Foxhunt Smile
Back to top Go down
Razr
Admin
Razr

PostSubject: Re: Wave's 1st impressions ~Confrontation~   Wave's 1st impressions ~Confrontation~ I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 3:29 pm

Thorn2k wrote:
Awesome dude. I'm glad that people that are buying the PS3 for this game are really liking it.

This is good news.!

Glad to have you back in the fold B. Other homie to hang with.!!!

CoughSiKtagCough
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wave's 1st impressions ~Confrontation~   Wave's 1st impressions ~Confrontation~ I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wave's 1st impressions ~Confrontation~
Page 1 of 1