- SïK Clan -
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[SïK] - Socom Clan Since 1976

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

That meteor over in Canadia.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Thorn2k
Admin
Thorn2k

That meteor over in Canadia. Empty
PostSubject: That meteor over in Canadia.   That meteor over in Canadia. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 1:57 pm

Anyone read that.

Its the most awesome thing to happen in the last decade..

SASKATOON, Saskatchewan - Scientists say they hope to find remnants of a meteor that brilliantly lit up the sky before falling to earth in western Canada.

University of Calgary planetary scientist Alan Hildebrand called it one of the largest meteors visible in the country in the last decade.

Widely broadcast video images showed what appeared to be a speeding fireball Thursday night over Saskatoon that became larger and brighter before disappearing as it neared the ground.

Hildebrand said Friday that he received about 300 email reports from witnesses.

“It would be something like a billion-watt light bulb,” said Hildebrand, who also co-ordinates meteor sightings with the Canadian Space Agency.

Tammy Evans was wakened by her 10-year-old daughter who ran into the bedroom.

“She said there was a flash of light, the house shook twice and it sounded like dinosaurs were walking,” Evans said.

Hildebrand suspects it broke up into pieces and he plans to investigate around Macklin, Saskatchewan, near the Alberta border.

Rick Huziak, an amateur astronomer in Saskatoon, helped operate a camera on top of the University of Saskatchewan physics building that captured video of the meteor.

“It was quite spectacular. The ground lights up all over the place,” he said.

Martin Beech, an associate professor of astronomy at the University of Regina, said meteorites are valuable to learning about the history of the solar system.

“Picking up a meteorite is almost equivalent to doing a space exploration mission between Mars and Jupiter,” he said.
Back to top Go down
Thorn2k
Admin
Thorn2k

PostSubject: Re: That meteor over in Canadia.   That meteor over in Canadia. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 2:07 pm

i am a huge nerd when it comes to shit like this..

Anyone remember The Blob.??? this shit could happen.

What if the meteor has an alien bacteria in it that mutates so fast and has such an advanced molecular structure and chomosonal structure that it can mature and adapt to our living conditions.. and create new species.?

This could be something that will change the way the earth looks at evolution and also bring on some extraordinary finds.

Hell, what if there is living DNA found. can you imagine if something had a triple helix or only 1 helice (singular of helix). if something could live / survive with only 1 helice then it would still be considered advanced to us. Probably more primitive..

oooooh.

just think of what we could see.

What if it was like something from Cloverfield or War of the Worlds or even Transformers. LOL

cool shit.!!!
Back to top Go down
dgnr8
Admin
dgnr8

PostSubject: Re: That meteor over in Canadia.   That meteor over in Canadia. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 2:12 pm

That meteor over in Canadia. Dork
Back to top Go down
http://dgnr8.com
WaveHunter

WaveHunter

PostSubject: Re: That meteor over in Canadia.   That meteor over in Canadia. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 6:18 pm

I saw the footage - that was some crazy ass shit. I have seen some good shooting stars - a few on mushrooms even, but none compared to that one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: That meteor over in Canadia.   That meteor over in Canadia. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

That meteor over in Canadia.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
- SïK Clan - :: =General stuff= :: "The Bar" Daily Madness-
Jump to: